Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southern Style Winter Fishing Pt II (Recovered)
As I recall, this was a continuation of the same trip mentioned elsewhere here. To reiterate, it was COLD!! I would like to think it was only the intrepid that would fish, but in retrospect, it was probably the 'Don't know enough to get in out of the cold' crew. We motored up Lake Taneycomo at a pretty good clip. I think we figured that the faster we got there the shorter the time spent with the air hitting us. I remember sitting in the bow, facing the rear, trying to make myself as small as possible. Hat, gloves, boots, hood, heavy coat, not enough. We reached our favorite spot - and it started to sleet! The sound of all that sleet 'tinking' off of that metal boat was interesting. We threw our lines in the water, started drifting and CATCHING FISH! I am pretty sure I made Tim and the Unc angry, because every few minutes we would have to troll upstream to where my line was tangled somewhere on the bottom. That didn't bother them too much. It's when I got my line untangled and pulled it in that got to them. That's because about 80% of the time, it was caught with a nice trout on the end of the line. I don't remember how many I caught, I just remember that it all of a sudden wasn't so cold.