Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have Another Sip
Years ago, PK (pre-kid) Diana and I would take a mini vacation weekend at a hotel in Earth City. The Doubletree. They had fantastic chocolate chip cookies, a wonderful breakfast, lots of stuff nearby to do and the price was attractive. In the morning, we went down to the breakfast which had a lot. Eggs, bacon, cereal, pancakes all served up almost to order. We were in line and each of us grabbed a coffee cup and filled it up from the large urns that were there. As we were waiting in line for our food to be served Diana took a sip of her coffee and started making the most horrible strangling noises! Once I determined that she was OK I asked what the deal was. She responded that what she put in her cup was NOT coffee but warm syrup. (I guess I can see how that would be a little rough.) She said that she would go get a cup of COFFEE and keep the cup of syrup for us to use as we were getting pancakes. I got the food on our tray, found a table and sat down with Diana. Naturally, she grabs the cup of coffee and pours it all over her pancakes. It was not a very good morning for my lovely bride. She was (and is) a good sport though, and we still laugh about that meal.